Monday, December 28, 2009

Is there a way that I can block MySpace from my laptop for good?

The thing is, my younger brother gets on MySpace on my laptop and has found ways around whenever I try and block it. I've tried everything I could, but he still finds ways to get into it. I asked our local computer guy this and he says that there's no way because of something called proxies. I'm not sure what those are, but I just don't want anything to happen to my laptop. Both his computer and my laptop are connected by the same connection, we have wireless internet, and I just don't want anything to happen to both of them.



I know that this type of question has been asked many times, I'm sure, but I've tried everything I could to block stupid MySpace, and anything new to help block it can help.



P.S. - We both have Windows XP and use Internet Explorer.



Is there a way that I can block MySpace from my laptop for good?

If he's on your laptop, password protect it, then remember to always log out when you're done using the laptop. This way, he can't even get onto IE. Open My Computer, click on Control Panel on the left under Other Places, then click on User Accounts. You can then click on your account icon under "or pick an account to change," then Create Password. Make it something he'll never guess!



Also, why is he on your laptop to get on Myspace and not his own computer?



Good luck!



Is there a way that I can block MySpace from my laptop for good?

yea just put a parental block on his laptop

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared hosting