Saturday, November 28, 2009

Is Myspace good, or bad?

I've been trying to convince my parents to let me have a myspace page, added that it be set to private and I don't let any information out at all. Is it still safe for me to use if it's set to private? I'd like to use to it keep in touch with friends overseas and with friends all around the states, they don't understand because of all the media around it. If I take the right precautions it's perfectly safe, right? I mean, it's not any different then what I have now. I have a purevolume account and they're fine with that. It makes no sense to me. How do I convince them that I am safe? They aren't very internet literete so it's hard to explain that you can make a myspace fine. They've heard none of the good and all of the bad about stalkers and stuff. Any sites where it honestly has non-biased information about myspace?



Is Myspace good, or bad?

I see no problem at all letting teens use myspace. My 14 yr old son has used it for about 2 years. I allow him to keep the page as long as it is set to private, and he posts no identifying information about himself. (name, location, etc.) I check his page every once in a while just to make sure. Its innocent fun for teenagers, tell your parents to lighten up a little!



Is Myspace good, or bad?

how old r u?? anyway u shouldnt have one because u r a nerd



Is Myspace good, or bad?

Myspace sucks, get Facebook!



Is Myspace good, or bad?

Why must you have one? Why not be different from everyone else?



Is Myspace good, or bad?

it all depends on how you use it.



if you set your account to private so only your friends can see it, it's safe.



but if you "whore" yourself.. like let random ppl add you. it's not so safe.



just use it wisely



Is Myspace good, or bad?

maybe if you let them have the password and u show them every week what youre doing in there they will let you. Let them see for themselves.



Is Myspace good, or bad?

Its fine. I havent had a problem and my little sisters havent had a problem. You can make up a place where your from and if you set it to private only people who know your last name and your email address can be added to your list. and you are in control of who is on your list and a see's your page.



Is Myspace good, or bad?

I use my space to stay in touch with my family because they are in Ohio and I am in Michigan and its fun to send pics to each other. Its a good thing if you don't abuse it and you don't accept other people that you don't know and you don't give out personal info.



Is Myspace good, or bad?

yes it is bad alot of people r bad



Is Myspace good, or bad?

myspace is safe. personally i put that i live in kazakhstan, and i'm older. the thing is to not put any real information, and dont add anyone u don't know.



Is Myspace good, or bad?

If we're talking safety on MySpace... they are doing a lot to give everyone privacy and safety. Keep too personal of information to yourself is a good thing. And setting your profile to private will help a lot. I wouldn't say MySapce is "bad" when it comes to that. Things can happen with any website, just take safety precautions. Don't give out any information you fear may be too much. Think about things before you do them. Common sense, that's all it takes.



Is Myspace good, or bad?

myspace is a fun place wher you can talk with friends and show off your personality. as long as you don't talk to people you don't know and you don't give out any personal information, you will be stalker-free. yay! oh and maybe it would be good for your parents to check out your myspace every once in a while. i guess it depends on how old you are to how trustworthy you will be for your mom and dad. : ]



Is Myspace good, or bad?

Look, I've had a myspace for almost two years now. My parents don't know. It's set to private, and if people want to add me they have to know my last name or email address. I put a fake location instead of where I really live. My pictures are set to private too. And dude, I'm still alive. I'm safe, and I'm not influenced to any bad stuff. It's pretty safe.



Is Myspace good, or bad?

Myspace is good if you are into music, its very music orintated, alot of bands have pages n there for instance - muse, the killers, etc.



It is very safe, you can set it up so nly friends can see your profile. so no peodophiles will contact you. (but please always be careful on the internet there are aot of fruit loops n this www.)



The is always help from the owner of the site (tom) he will appear n yur friends list when you have signed up and if you mail him with a problem he will always help you.



My myspace is www.myspace.com/sacredflames if you need any help, or your parents want to contact me regarding the website itself.



Is Myspace good, or bad?

it all right



Is Myspace good, or bad?

Ill tell you what i think, well i have a myspace but NEVER use it, because after i was on it the first day i was completely disgusted on what people talk about on there, its not even fun, all you do is share pics and talk to people you dont know, its not safe, people can hack into your computer. so my opinion is NO, if you over 20 yes you can have one. but not a teen



Is Myspace good, or bad?

It depends on what you do on myspace. If you discuss about killing, hurting, and kidnapping, that is not good. If you just talk friendly that is good. Never contact anyone if they tell you to meet them in person, because one person was kidnapped like this.



Is Myspace good, or bad?

i totally know how you feel. you also have to keep in mind that your parents are doing all they can to protect you. myspace is great for you and your friends. just keep in mind there are computer hackers out there and they can get in to your computer and find any info that can lead them to you. it is all up to your parents to allow it. i do feel for you wanting to use it to talke to your friends. i have gotten some bad messages on my account even though it was private. how it happend i do not know so i quit using it. wish you the best of luck. i would advise you just to have a chat with you parents and prove to them you are a responsible person. you can plea your case with them. they may ease up on you over time. just don't rush and make it where you will never get to use it. gain their total trust. i wish you best and hope you can find a way to chat and seen photo's with your long distance friends. just remember bad things just don't happen on line only. they can find you at school, the mall, the movies, the neighborhood. just about any where it is not safe. you just have to present your self as a strong and responsible young lady. just one example. these two guys from florida ended up in our town. they were hanging out at our high school and junior high scouting girls. they came across my best friend and sister the following year they were in high school. now remember i had seen them on campus at junior high. so that year these two were in high school and seen my friend and sister. long story short the guys found out where we lived. how i do not know. one showed up in our yard. my dad ran him off. later we found out he was a convict. so you never know. and my dad was very protective. on the other hand my friend karla married the other guy and he was abbussive to her. just keep your gaurd up. make sure you let your parents know every where you go. you can get their trust. always hang out in numbers and i don't mean just two of you. good luck. your my space can be safe but just keep in mind of the hackers. they are out there and getting better at it. sorry for the bad spelling my spell check is not working



Is Myspace good, or bad?

i think myspace is pretty good.. i use it and i have found a lot of friends that i havent seen since high school... its pretty safe if you have the private setting on.. no one can really look at your stuff.. but you still shouldnt put your actual info up there... i mean if you dont care and are old enough to live on your own then it wouldnt matter... thats just how i feel anyway...



Is Myspace good, or bad?

My parents didn't let me have one either but I explained to them about 'Private' and stuff, they eventually let me. I'd say don't make one because once you do you'll get sucked into it and be on a whole lot. Myspace caused me to drop my grades because I spent time on Myspace talking to friends when I should have been doing my algebra homework.



Is Myspace good, or bad?

Set it to private and you'll be safe if you put your personal info in. Myspace is really useful to me,I found my long lost friend actually, 2! Just remember not to add anyone you dont know!



Is Myspace good, or bad?

Yeah its very safe just block people and also you can make it so people have to know your last names to send you a friend invite so yes its safe :D



Is Myspace good, or bad?

in my opinion i dnt think that it is advisabl 2 coz u ave no idea who u r talkn 2. bt thats jst my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared hosting